Former Little Mix singer Jesy Nelson is recovering in hospital after undergoing surgery to help her unborn twins.
Earlier this month, Nelson revealed that she was preparing for an emergency procedure after being told it would give her babies the “best chance of surviving”.
She had previously shared her experience with “pre-stage” twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS), which impacts identical twins who share a placenta.
“We’re just waiting to go in, and we’re just hoping and praying for the best really,” Nelson explained in the video at the time, appearing alongside her partner Zion Foster. She also spoke about the risks involved, telling her followers: “It’s obviously just really scary, because there’s so many things that can happen.”
Yesterday (March 30), Nelson posted another “update on our current situation” via social media.
“So we just wanted to give you guys an update, because we know it’s been a while,” she began. “I don’t know if you can see, we are still in hospital so I’ve been recovering, but we have some amazing news.
“The TTTS has cleared up, the operation was a success, which is just absolutely incredible. We are so, so lucky to have the most amazing doctors.”
Nelson continued: “Basically, the situation we’re in now is my cervix is very, very short, so I can’t leave the hospital because my waters could break at any point and I’m still very, very early.
“I can’t leave the hospital until I’m a certain amount of weeks, so every week we’re just like, ‘Please, please, please, stay in there’.”
The singer added that she and Foster were “so grateful” that their twins were “still going strong”.
Foster said he would be running the London Marathon this year in aid of the Twins Trust helpline. At the time of writing, he has raised £2,162 of the £25,000 target figure (via JustGiving).